Your shopping cart is emptyADD SOME PRODUCTS
We Don't Deliver to Your Area Yet...
We DO Deliver to Your Area!
added to delivery
Multi Collagen Protein
Why collagen could be the most transformational substance in the world
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body. Up to 30% of all the protein in your body is collagen protein. Up to 70% of skin, hair, nails and nearly 100% of connective tissues are collagen. It literally holds you together: from the hairs on your head, to every inch of your skin, to your joint comfort and mobility. It even impacts the overall health of your gut, including gut integrity.
There’s a reason that collagen supplementation, in addition to an overall healthy diet and lifestyle, is being dubbed as the new essential in the wellness and beauty community. Many people’s collagen is breaking down at an accelerated rate… and it’s not being replaced in the standard modern diet.
Is collagen what’s missing in your diet more than Vitamin C, Vitamin D, Omega-3s and Probiotics? Did you even know you probably need to replenish it regularly?
Once you hit 25 Years of Age, Your Body Could Start Losing Collagen
As we age, our bodies’ natural production of collagen slows dramatically. Over 25? Your body is probably not replenishing collagen as quickly as you are losing it, since replenishment slows with age.
As your body slows its collagen production, you’ll typically end up with skin that “looks older” with less skin elasticity, vibrancy and hydration, creaky joints, or even gut disturbances. It could even mean thinner hair and brittle nails.
And none of us are exempt from this natural aging process.
Collagen is going to diminish with age. Period.
The typical woman can expect to lose about 1 to 2 percent of her body’s collagen every year starting in her mid-30s, and this rate generally only increases as she makes her way through her 40s, 50s and beyond.
There’s evidence that collagen production in sun-protected and well-maintained skin of older adults (over the age of 80) is up to 75 percent less than the production in the skin of young adults (under the age of 30).
Yes! You read that right. There’s up to 75% less collagen in elderly adults as compared to those in young adulthood. That’s a staggering number.
Have you ever met someone who was in their 20s, but you could have sworn she was 45? Or seen that rare 70-year old woman with the skin of someone in her 30s? It’s true, something like perceived age is partially due to genetics. But it’s not totally up to fate. It’s also up to a person’s diet, lifestyle and collagen stores.
And age is not the only thing that can slow down production and deplete collagen from your body. If you’re worried about the breakdown of your own collagen, take a look at the list below of 10 lifestyle factors that are considered “collagen killers”.
10 Surprising Collagen Killers
- Poor sleep
- Too much sugar in the diet
- Injuries and joint degeneration
- High cortisol from emotional stress
- Sun overexposure
- Diet low in antioxidants
- Sitting all day and lack of activity
- Bad gut health
- Nutrient shortfalls of vitamin C and zinc
- Free radicals
You can fight back against collagen loss through a few combined approaches:
- Limit your exposure to damaging UV rays and other environmental toxins
- Consume collagen-boosting foods
- Support and promote the skin’s health by supplementing with collagen
It would be nice if you could get all the collagen you need from food. But frankly, even the healthiest diets are quite low in collagen, because only a small number of foods have a significant amount of it.
If you’re looking to make dietary changes that can help your body boost its own collagen production, consider the 5 below.
The Top 5 Collagen Boosters
Chicken Bone Broth (preferably simmered for 48 hours with bones, along with tendons and ligaments for the most collagen)
- Chicken Bone Broth (preferably simmered for 48 hours with bones, along with tendons and ligaments for the most collagen)
- Adaptogenic herbs including Ashwagandha, Holy Basil, Ginseng and Fo-Ti
- Vitamin C-rich foods including kiwi, citrus, camu camu, broccoli, bell peppers and kale.
- Sulfur-rich foods including garlic, onions, egg yolks and cruciferous vegetables
- Antioxidant-rich herbs, spices and foods including turmeric, rosemary, green tea, acai and goji berries.
All of the above are great collagen boosters, but none of them compare to the greatest collagen booster in the world, which is collagen itself that comes from sources including chicken broth, beef broth, wild fish broth and eggshell membranes.
That’s why I believe that supplementing with a multi collagen protein is a must when it comes to healthy, smooth skin and overall body health.
Finally, an Easy Way to Boost Your Collagen
I used to drive over an hour to pick up ingredients to make our bone broth weekly to get the collagen boost our bodies craved. But after all the time and effort of making it, we would run out after just a few days. I knew I needed to get collagen EVERY DAY, not just days when I was lucky enough to have time to simmer bone broth.
My clients who were looking to boost their health also knew they needed to get collagen every day, but were running into the time- and labor-intensive obstacle of simmering bone broth every day.
That’s why I came up with the solution of making a multi-source collagen in the most simple form possible: a tasteless, dissolvable powder. Now I take it daily, as do thousands of others who have discovered the power of incorporating it into their lives.
Not All Collagen Products are Created Equal
Choosing the right collagen supplement for you doesn’t need to be complicated. Multi Collagen Protein stands in a league of its own.
What sets Multi Collagen Protein apart:
- 5 types of collagen instead of 1 or 2. Unlike many supplements, our collagen features 5 different types of collagen to support different body parts and functions through the collagen receptors found in your body. You’ll find types I, II, III, V and X in our proprietary Multi Collagen Protein blend.
- All Collagen. No Filler.
- Pure taste. This nearly tasteless, dissolvable powder can be added to virtually anything.
- Scrupulous sourcing. The 4 food sources in our collagen are sourced from the places that make sense. Eggshell membrane from USDA certified hatcheries. Grass-fed beef from South American cattle. MSC certified wild-caught fish (pollock) from the US. And chicken bone broth from US chickens.
- Clean, minimal ingredients. Check our label. You’ll only find 4 total ingredients, all from real food sources raised without antibiotics or hormones. Everything is non-GMO. Our supply chain is clean from start to finish.
- Study-supported benefits. We don’t make claims that our product will fix all of your problems. But we stand by the benefits you’ll find called out on our bottle for your skin, gut and joint support. Since collagen is the most abundant protein in your body and naturally diminishes with age, we believe adding it back in makes a big difference.
- Hydrolyzed collagen. What does hydrolyzed mean? Basically, it means that protein chains are broken down into single amino acids so they can typically be better digested and absorbed by your body.
- Try it risk free. Buy with confidence when purchasing exclusively from Ancient Nutrition. If you're not 100% satisfied with your purchase, we will happily refund your order within 60 days of purchase. It's that simple!
Why do 5 types of collagen matter?
Generally speaking, different types of collagen support different functions and body parts. Here’s what each one you’ll find in Multi Collagen Protein can do for you.
Hydrolyzed Bovine Hide Collagen Peptides
The hydrolyzed bovine hide collagen peptides in Multi Collagen Protein are grass fed, cruelty free, made without hormones and allergy free (gluten, dairy, tree nuts, egg, soy, peanuts, crustaceans, etc.)
- Support healthy skin elasticity
- Support healthy skin hydration (in combination with other ingredients)
- Support healthy skin
- Support a healthy gut
- Support healthy joint function
Chicken Collagen Type II from chicken bone broth collagen concentrate can:
- Support joint-health with benefits reported as early as 3 weeks
- Support key areas of joint health, including joint comfort, flexibility and physical function
- Support healthy joint function
Hydrolyzed Fish Collagen Peptides from wild pollock can:
- Support healthy skin elasticity
- Support healthy skin hydration (in combination with other ingredients)†
Eggshell Membrane Collagen can:
- Support knee comfort and flexibility
- Support joint comfort, both rapidly and continuously
- Support healthy joint flexibility
- Support comfortable range of motion
- Support healthy joint recovery after exercise as well as healthy flexibility
- Support comfort immediately following exercise
You get the picture. Your body has more potential to benefit when consuming these many types of collagen, as opposed to consuming just one type or two types.
Want to start enjoying the benefits of Multi Collagen Protein?
Here are a few ways to use it:
- Include one serving in your morning smoothie.
- Add to baking dishes, muffins, bars or pancakes to increase protein intake.
- Replace other supplements, like whey protein powder, with this.
- Create a chia coconut collagen pudding.
- Take one serving of collagen pre- or post-workout.